JOIN OUR TEAM
Apply online, or download application and email to
or mail to:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Sheboygan County
107 Cedar Street
Sheboygan Falls, WI 53085
Youth Development Professionals
Do you want to work in a fun, fast paced and team-driven environment? Do you love working with young people to help them learn and grow? Come join the Boys & Girls Club team!
A Youth Development Professional (YDP) supports Club Leadership in providing an Outcome Driven Club Experience in a variety of programming areas including: Learning Center, Gym, Games Room, Computer Lab, Kitchen, Art Room, and other targeted programming areas. The majority of responsibilities are working directly with youth, ensuring their safety, well-being and development through interactive play and planned activities.
The YDP is self-motivated, mature, energetic, and able to maintain clear and healthy boundaries with Club members, parents and staff; able to communicate and interact with youth in a way that is age appropriate, motivational and positive. The YDP must be flexible, have the ability to adapt to a work environment that changes often, must remain calm and solve problems in stressful situations. The YDP must anticipate and implement all elements of activities in an organized fashion.
- School Year: Monday - Friday 2:00p - 7:00p
- Summer: Monday - Friday, shifts vary between 7:30a - 5:30p
Establish a program setting that ensures the health and safety of our
- Understand and implement the youth development strategy
- Provide strong guidance and role-modeling to all members
Welcome and register new members and participate in the Club Orientation
Implement and monitor quality programs and activities that are inclusive
- Ensure program content supports goals and organization mission
- Identify and recruit members for individual programs
- Support members in meeting targeted program outcomes
- Make certain programs and activities occur daily as scheduled
Take pride in work and appearance, both personal and of the Club and
Ensure space, equipment and supplies are ready before programs begin, and
at the conclusion of each day that everything is organized and
- Has a desire to work with kids
- Energetic and FUN, positive attitude
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Basic knowledge of youth development
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior challenges
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to conduct on-the-go projects and activities
- Excellent communication skills
- Punctual, reliable, displays initiative
Experience working with youth, preferably in an organized program
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications (will offer training)
- $10.00-$12.00/hr (based on experience)
Chief Executive Officer
The Boys & Girls Club of Sheboygan County is seeking an energetic, visionary leader with growth potential, who can positively impact the youth in our community.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will lead an organization that is making a significant impact in the community by providing a safe place for youth to feel connected to the community and supported to do well in school and in life. The CEO will work passionately and collaboratively with the staff and the community to advance the ambitious goals of increasing graduation rates, exposing kids to positive role models, hobbies and career paths.
Fundraising will continue to be the foundation upon which success is possible. The CEO will build relationships throughout the community to partner with people and organizations able to provide creative ideas and crucial funding to reach goals agreed upon by the organization as guided by the strategic planning process created collaboratively with the board and staff. This person will serve as a charismatic and engaging leader of the organization, effectively communicating the larger vision with integrity and serving as a role model to the Club’s kids, staff and community.
With strong operational expertise, business acumen and emotional intelligence, this person will provide effective leadership and development of the staff and governing board. This person will understand backgrounds of the youth we serve and champion a culture of diversity, inclusion, and trust. The CEO will be a strong servant leader who is both visible and approachable, portraying humility, honesty, enthusiasm, resilience, and high ethical standards, especially in times of conflict and challenge. The CEO has the responsibility to lead a team of direct reports and will report to the Board of Directors.
- Proven leadership skills developed through significant experience (recommend at least 10 years in senior management positions). Candidate’s experience may include work in a for-profit, non-profit, or government organization.
Significant experience to provide oversight of resource development initiatives, including major gifts development, grants, annual campaigns, planned giving, special events, stewardship, etc.
Direct experience with operational budget development/management and
Proven skills developing and implementing strategic business plans.
Experience working with a Board of Directors or other governing body.
- Bachelor degree or advanced post-secondary degree preferred.
Required Competencies and Desired Outcomes:
Strategic Leadership: Confronts the complex realities of the environment and maintains faith in a different and better future, providing purpose, direction and motivation.
- Outcome: Develop and execute a 5-year Strategic Plan in support of the Club’s mission, including an annual presentation to the Board of Directors. The plan should include strategic objectives and key initiatives aligned to measurable deliverables with timing and accountability.
Fund Raising/Resource Development: Understands that fundraising and sustainable resource development is the foundation upon which the Boys and Girls Club long-term success is built.
- Outcome: In partnership with the Board or Directors, lead all fundraising activities with the support of the Director of Resource Development to meet or exceed annual budget targets.
Community-Oriented: Ability to be an empathetic listener with strong self-awareness to understand how best to cultivate and manage key relationships and partnerships. Strong steward of the brand, protecting the reputation and results of the greater Boys & Girls Club network.
- Outcome: Develop and cultivate personal relationships with all key stakeholders of the Club. Be the enthusiastic Brand Ambassador of the Club, and develop a way to measure progress towards advancing the brand throughout the community.
Team Builder and Collaborator: Ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right times; fostering commitment, trust and collaboration among leaders and stakeholders, including possession of the ability to mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Outcome: Build and lead a high-functioning team that enables the successful execution of the Club’s Mission and Strategic Plan. This should include leadership development, training, and employee accountability. Be a positive role model for club members and staff. Deliverables include ensuring that all key positions have staffing plans or are competently staffed, and succession plans.
Business Acumen: Possesses results-driving management skills and is effective at generating financial support for the organization, with shared and measurable goals.
- Outcome: Develop an Annual Budget with a clear understanding of the Balance Sheet and Income Statement, including key financial metrics and industry benchmarks. Operate the club efficiently within the budget. Develop, measure, and achieve other relevant goals in support of the Club’s Mission and Strategic Plan.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
The Boys & Girls Club of Sheboygan County is an Equal Opportunity
The Boys & Girls Club of Sheboygan County is a nonprofit corporation under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our mission is “to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Our five locations are open five days a week and serve more than 2,000 youth during the year. To learn more about the Boys & Girls Club of Sheboygan County, please visit our website:www.thepositiveplace.com
Qualified Applicants: Please send your resume and cover letter to the
following email address for consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Sheboygan County is a member of the National Boys & Girls Club of America organization and provides a safe, affordable place for kids and teens during critical out of-school time. We offer life-changing programs and services to youth locally and all across America and on U.S. military installations worldwide.
Our Mission: To inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Our Vision: The Boys & Girls Clubs will provide a world-class Club Experience that assures success is within reach of every young person who walks through our door, with all members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle.
Who We Serve: The Boys & Girls Club of Sheboygan County serves over 2,000 youth annually from five locations and outreach activities, ranging from age 6 to 18 years. 80% of Club members live in Sheboygan and Sheboygan Falls. Members also come from Adell, Cascade, Cedar Grove, Cleveland, Elkhart Lake, Hingham, Howards Grove, Kohler, Oostburg, Plymouth and Waldo.
Sheboygan Falls Unit and The Club for Teens: 107 Cedar Street, Sheboygan
- Stayer Unit: 733 Broadway Avenue, Sheboygan, WI
- The CLUB for Teens at the YMCA: 812 Broughton Ave, Sheboygan, WI
Lake Country Academy After School Program: 4101 Technology Parkway,