Chronological History


 

1994

Boys & Girls Clubs of Sheboygan County is chartered with Boys & Girls Clubs of America.

1995

Boys & Girls Clubs begins programming in the upstairs educational wing at St. Andrews Lutheran Church at 1711 S. 11th Street in Sheboygan.

1996

The Howards Grove Boys & Girls Club opens its doors to kids at 435 N. Wisconsin Drive in Howards Grove.

1997

The Truancy Abatement/Crime Suppression (T.A.C.S.), a collaboration with the Sheboygan School District, Sheboygan Police Department, Department of Health & Human Services and the Boys & Girls Clubs, opened its doors and began addressing the issue of truancy in the community.

1998

The new Sheboygan Boys & Girls Club opened at 733 Broadway Avenue. The new facility is dedicated as the Ralph F. and Alice B. Stayer Center, with triple our previous programming space and clearly identifying the organization as community based/building centered, dedicated to serving youth.

1999

Boys & Girls Clubs of Sheboygan County start an after school program at Washington Elementary in Sheboygan. Program is in collaboration with Washington Elementary’s SAGE program and Lighted School House philosophy.

2007

The Boys & Girls Clubs purchase the former Word of Grace Church in Sheboygan Falls, and it becomes a Boys & Girls Club unit.

2007

The Boys & Girls Clubs purchase the former Campfire Girls building in Sheboygan Falls, for use as a teen center.

2011

The Washington School site closes, and the Clubs open new programs at Grant Elementary and Jefferson Elementary.

2013

The Falls Teen Club moves into a renovated space at the Sheboygan Falls Unit, doubling average daily attendance of teens in that community.

2015

The Boys & Girls Clubs open the doors at our new Club at the Y unit in Sheboygan.

2016

The Boys & Girls Clubs open our new Afterschool Program at Lake Country Academy.